Making: Silver progress

Here is a necklace I started a few weeks ago. I finished it up last night and it turned out just right!I started with 16g sterling silver wire to make all the irregular pentagon shapes. I wanted something that alluded to honey comb and to this drawing from a few weeks ago. I used pre-made jump rings this time which saved me a bunch of effort.

After soldering the whole thing and then hammering the heck out of it for a while I dunked it in a toasty bath of Liver of Sulfer. That stuff is so awesome! I wanted to dunk every piece of jewelry I own in it, it’s like black RIT dye for jewelry. I restrained myself though and only dunked 1 pair of earrings and 1 other necklace in addition to the new piece.

2009-133-miriamdema

This entry was posted in Making: From Art to Craft....